|CONFLICT DIAMOND POLICY FOR CLADDAGHSTORE|
Claddaghstore's Governing the Prohibition Against Conflict Diamonds
&The legitimate supply of the raw materials and finished goods.
- With respect to product fabricated from rough diamonds mined on or after 1st January 2003, vendors guarantee that all diamonds provided to Claddagstore have been purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations Resolutions. Vendors guarantee that these diamonds are conflict free, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantee provided by suppliers of these diamonds.
2. With respect to product fabricated from diamonds mined before 1st January 2003,
Vendors guarantee that they are not knowingly selling conflict diamonds to
Claddaghstore and that, to the best of there ability, they undertake reasonable help Prevent the sale of conflict diamonds.
3. For any product fabricated from rough diamonds mined on or after 1st January,
2003, vendors will place the following warranty on each invoice or packing list submitted to Claddaghringking:
“The diamonds herein invoiced have been purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with the United Nations Resolutions. The undersigned hereby guarantees that these diamonds are conflict free, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by the supplier of these diamonds”
4. Without by implication limiting the foregoing, vendors will not sell to Claddaghstore any diamonds, gemstone, precious metal, pearl or other jewelry product to Claddaghringking which has been used to fund, or is the product of, illegal, violent, inhumane or terrorist activity. Vendors will ensure the legitimate origin and commerce stream of their products.
5. Vendors will provide Claddaghstore with proof of warranty from their sources of merchandise upon request. Vendors will retain for a least five years the warranties accompanying their purchases of diamonds and diamond jewelry.
6. Vendors will ensure that the products sold to Claddaghstore have not been mined or processed using oppressive or unlawful labor practices, child labor or forced labor and otherwise have not been obtained by a means or from a source that may be embarrassing to Claddaghstore.